Father’s Day gift guides tend to focus on the same old chestnuts: socks, jocks, tools, BBQ books and novelty items (think singing trout, novelty ties and aprons). While these gifts are appreciated by dear old Dad, we would like to explore some really great gifts. You know the kind, the ones that he really wants but can’t quite bring himself to buy, or share with the family in case he’s told no.
Here are our top five gifts:
- If it’s time for your Dad to relegate his very tired and just about worn out TV chair to the shed, take a look at the Bentley recliner. In a class of its own, the Bentley is 100% leather and provides comfort and support in all the right places. This is the perfect chair for watching TV, football or simply relaxing in the afternoon.
- Here’s one for the man cave. The Darrin lounge is a modern take on the Chesterfield lounge but much more comfortable. Darrin is 100% Italian Natural Leather with Duck Feather seating. It comes in a unique shade of black.
- With hotter weather not too far away, fathers all over Australia will soon remember that it’s time to shrug off the winter cave man blues and entertain again. The Paris bar stool is great for extra seating at bars and kitchen benches. Or if Dad needs extra seating for guests at his BBQ extravaganzas take a look at the Stewart, Florence, Sean, Seth and Jack polycarbonate dining chairs. These stackable chairs come in a great range of colours.
- We all know that Dads’ like to sit down after a hard day at work, so what about a new occasional chair. Check out our range of occasional chairs; we like the vibrancy of the Kasey in orange and the curves of Icon in red.
- If your Dad likes to watch TV AND entertain, the perfect gift could be a new entertainment unit. Big enough to cope with Dad’s new flat screen TV but discreet enough to hide all those cords, remotes and instruction manuals, are the Focus or Pacific entertainment units.
If you’re looking for a great gift for your Dad this Father’s Day, pop into one of our stores and select from a great range of furniture designed to suit anyone’s lifestyle. We’re currently running a 30% off EVERYTHING sale at the moment, so what better time to come in?